Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
At a winery last week I tasted several fabulous infused olive oils. Rosa was kind enough to share with me how to make them myself. This can save a bunch of bucks!!! All are scaled to 1 cup of oil. If making a bunch for presents, just scale the recipe. Then look around and think about other things you would like to use....maybe truffles.
- 1 cup olvice oil, good quality
- 1 lemon zest, in strips (or orange or lime)
- 25 inches stems rosemary
- 5 stems basil
- red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Place ingredient(s) to be infused in the bottle or jar.
- Warm the olive oil and pour into jar.
- Seal and let sit for at least 2 weeks.
- In a hurry? Heat the olive oil with ingredient(s) to infuse over the stove or in a crock pot for 1 1/2 hours.