Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
What an awesome pair beef and horseradish are! Here's a way you can have a condiment that will liven up many dishes for you. You can enliven every thing from sliced steak to steamed vegetables, with salads in between! Try using a little over your carrots and potaoes that were cooked with your corned beef dinner. Cook time is the straining and standing time.
- 3 ounces fresh horseradish root
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (I use regular olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, preferably corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Peel the horseradish root and cut it into several pieces.
- Turn on a food processor and drop the pieces through the food tube, a few at a time, and process until evenly ground.
- Combine the olive and vegetable oils, and with the machine running, pour through the feed tube in a steady stream. Add the lemon juice and salt.
- Pour the horseradish oil into a jar, cover tightly, and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Line as strainer with dampened cheesecloth. Place the strainer over a bowl and pour the oil into the strainer for about 4 hours to allow the all the oil to drain into the bowl.
- Discard the contents of the strainer. Refrigerate the oil, tightly covered, for up to 2 weeks. Return to room temperature before using.