Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I've hosted lots of big parties over the years with this recipe. It's a basic recipe with a great alcohol ratio. Keeps everybody going without falling out too early. Makes 10 servings... because with Jello Shots it's always a 2 shot minimum!
- In a blender add Jell-O, Gelatin, and then Water (boiling). Cover and blend on low speed until dissolved (about 30 seconds).
- Pour in Ice Water and Alcohol (ice-cold), re-cover, and blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- Uncover and equally pour into 20 (2 oz.) Plastic Portion Cups 3/4 full, carefully seal with Lids, and place level in refrigerator.
- Allow to chill overnight. The Shots will stay good all weekend!
- TIP: A good rule of thumb for choosing basic Jello Shots flavors is to pick only Blue, Purple, or Red colors. They just taste better.
- TIP: 1/2 tablespoon Powdered or Granulated Gelatin equals 1 (0.25 oz) envelope Unflavored Gelatin.
- TIP: Measure Water (boiling) only after it has finished heating.
- TIP: Add small ice pieces with cold water to make 1 equal cup Ice Water. It melts and blends better.
- TIP: Make sure Alcohol is (ice-cold) by "freezing" bottle for at least 3 hours.
- TIP: Plastic Portion Cups can be obtained at most restaurant supply stores -- don't forget the lids!
- TIP: Put a drop of Yellow Food Coloring in the Blue Jell-O for St. Patrick's Day.