24 hrs 15 mins
I've hosted lots of big parties over the years with this recipe. It's a basic recipe with a great alcohol ratio. Keeps everybody going without falling out too early. Makes 10 servings... because with Jello Shots it's always a 2 shot minimum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender add Jell-O, Gelatin, and then Water (boiling). Cover and blend on low speed until dissolved (about 30 seconds).
- 2Pour in Ice Water and Alcohol (ice-cold), re-cover, and blend on high speed for 1 minute.
- 3Uncover and equally pour into 20 (2 oz.) Plastic Portion Cups 3/4 full, carefully seal with Lids, and place level in refrigerator.
- 4Allow to chill overnight. The Shots will stay good all weekend!
- 5TIP: A good rule of thumb for choosing basic Jello Shots flavors is to pick only Blue, Purple, or Red colors. They just taste better.
- 6TIP: 1/2 tablespoon Powdered or Granulated Gelatin equals 1 (0.25 oz) envelope Unflavored Gelatin.
- 7TIP: Measure Water (boiling) only after it has finished heating.
- 8TIP: Add small ice pieces with cold water to make 1 equal cup Ice Water. It melts and blends better.
- 9TIP: Make sure Alcohol is (ice-cold) by "freezing" bottle for at least 3 hours.
- 10TIP: Plastic Portion Cups can be obtained at most restaurant supply stores -- don't forget the lids!
- 11TIP: Put a drop of Yellow Food Coloring in the Blue Jell-O for St. Patrick's Day.
Nutritional Facts for Infamous Jello Shots (Basic Recipe)
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: