Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Specialty of the house.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each one.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with flour.
- For topping, cut butter into brown sugar.
- Add Flour.
- Mix well.
- Add cinnamon and nuts.
- Spread half the batter in a greased tube pan.
- Sprinkle with half the topping.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
An easy way to start the day. It has a nice texture, moist without being too heavy, chewy but not crumbly; a good balance. It is also flavorful but not too sweet. Thanks so much! :o)