Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I discovered this recipe about 7 years ago, while watching A PBS television show with Lawn expert Jeff Baker. I have used this formula several times on my lawn. It gets the lawn greener, and kills the pesty bugs. It is a n inexpensive recipe.. saves alot of noney on the water bill.. Make sure there is no rain in the forecast for 2 days.. Very Important..
- 1 cup ammonia (average size lawn)
- 1 cup beer (average size lawn)
- 1 cup mouthwash (average size lawn)
- 1 cup dish detergent (average size lawn)
- 1 cup liquid laundry detergent (average size lawn)
- Before using this you need to dethatch your lawn by raking up the dead grass, and the entire rest of the lawn.
- Fertilize lawn ,and set dirt, and grass seed if needed.
- Fill a lawn sprayer depending on the size of your sprayer with 1/2 container amonia, and 1/2 container beer,shake well, and spray lawn. This will kill the grubs. ( do this on a day that no rain is forcasted for 24 hours).
- Let sit for 24 hours.
- The next day, fill your lawn sprayer with 1/3 portion liquid laundry detergent,1/3 portion liquid dish detergent, and 1/3 portion mouthwash. It is best if this step is repeated every 3 weeks.
- After the mouthwash, laundry detergent, and laundry detergent step, let it sit 24 hours with out watering. ( this should be done on the 2nd day without rain in the forecast).
- then you need to, water as needed.
- Ater a couple months you lawn will be green and healthy.
- Repeat once a month.
02/08/2012 I'm going ahead and reviewing this so I don't get behind on my reviews. For an affordable lawn treatment this can't be beat. I have a lawn sprayer, and also have a sprinkler system, so following the steps in this recipe were easy to accomplish and the directions are great. Since I started this process about a week ago, I'll come back and post a final review in 7 weeks. Thanks for sharing your lawn treatment! Made for PRMR tag game.
03/03/11 - Well, we did the first 2 days of application on a 20'x20' square area of our yard. Will wait a few months and report back the comparison. UPDATE: After 2 months, comparing our yard with the treated spot, we can attest that the area does look somewhat greener and healthier. Not a major difference, but it does enhance the yard. I cannot comment on the bugs, as we treated our yard with milky spores last fall for beetles (which works wonders). So if your looking for a recipe to green up your lawn, this is worth a try. Thanks for sharing.