Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A bit bizarre? Not really. The beer gives a nice mellow flavor to the slaw. I use home made mayo but Hellmans works well too. If you like throw in a few caraway seeds. Be imaginative, especially after you drink the rest of the beer (not the case just the bottle)
- 8 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1⁄2 medium sweet green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions, minced (Vidalia, Maui,or WallaWalla)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix cabbage, green pepper& onion in a lage bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pour over cabbage mix& toss.
- refrigerate an hour before serving.
Good basic coleslaw. However, it lacked the zip we thought it would have with the beer. I used 1 bag of coleslaw mix (7.5C) and a whole green bell pepper.