1/3 Photos of Indulgent Raisin and Kahlua Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
If you are a lover of Kahlua and cheesecakes, then this recipe is the one for you! A very rich and decadent cheesecake that can be easily made gluten free if required. Please note that the cooking time does not include refrigeration time. The cheesecake is easy to make. To make pecan meal-Process pecans in a food processor or coffee grinder. The flavours in this cheesecake develop with refrigeration/rest time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g pecan meal (7 ounces) or 200 g whole pecans
- 50 g butter, melted (1 3/4 ounces)
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed to measure
- 59.14 ml desiccated coconut
- 59.14 ml plain flour or 59.14 ml gluten-free flour
- 236.59 ml golden raisin
- 118.29 ml Kahlua or 118.29 ml other coffee liqueur
- 59.14 ml boiling water
- 19.71 ml gelatin
- 500 g cream cheese, softened (approx 1 pound)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 125 g dark chocolate, melted (4 ounces)
- 300 ml heavy cream (thickened cream, 10 fl.oz. or 1.2 cups)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (300°F ) or 160°C (320°F ) if fan forced.
- 2Combine the golden raisins and the half cup of Kahlua in a small bowl. Cover in clingwrap. The raisins will absorb most of the liqueur. Set aside.
- 3Grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm (8 2/3 inches) round springform round tin. A smaller tin will result in a higher cheesecake with a thicker base. A larger tin will have a very fine base and not be as tall.
- 4Combine all of the ingredients for the base in a bowl. Mix with a spoon until thoroughly combined.
- 5Press the base mixture into the base of the prepared cake tin (do not press the mixture up the sides). Press down firmly.
- 6Bake the base in a preheated oven 10 minutes. The base should not be a golden cover. Remove from oven- cool and put aside, or refrigerate until required.
- 7In a small bowl thoroughly mix the boiling water and the gelatine. Stir until the gelatine dissolves. Set aside.
- 8Beat the cream cheese with the brown sugar, until smooth and creamy. Best to use electric beaters for this step.
- 9Add the gelatine mixture, the melted chocolate and any of the Kahlua that you can drain from the soaking raisins, to the cream cheese mixture. Beat well to combine.
- 10In a separate bowl, beat the 300mls of cream until soft peaks form.
- 11Fold firstly the beaten cream into the cream cheese mixture. Then lightly fold in the soaked golden raisins.
- 12Pour the cheese mixture over the base in the springform tin. Level and smooth over the top of the cheesecake using a spoon. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- 13For the topping. Whip the remaining 300mls cream with the tablespoon of Kahlua, until thick.
- 14Spread the cream over the cooled cheesecake. Sprinkle with chocolate and decorate the edges of the cheesecake with the additional pecans.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indulgent Raisin and Kahlua Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.3
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 182.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: