Recipe by Mary Jenny
Delight your guests this holiday season with this delicious yet surprisingly guilt-free tiramisu. Ideal to take along to either work or family parties, this Italian delicacy is a great, time-saving dessert that can be prepared up to eight hours in advance and served as needed. Lightly sweetened with naturally-sourced stevia, it's the perfect way to sensibly indulge in the season.
- 1⁄2 cup warm strong coffee
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons artificial sweetener (Pure Via Turbinado Raw Cane sugar and stevia blend)
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup prepared light whipped topping
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 crisp ladyfingers
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine coffee and one packet of Pure Via Turbinado. Stir until the sweetener is dissolved. Let coffee cool until lukewarm.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together ricotta cheese, whipped topping, the additional Pure Via Turbinado sweetener and vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3. Place coffee in shallow bowl. Dip four of the ladyfingers into coffee and let stand about five seconds.
- 4. Remove and place two ladyfingers side by side on a plate for each tiramisu. Spread each tiramisu with 1/4 of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) of the cocoa. Repeat dipping and layering. Discard any remaining coffee.
- 5. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, at least two and up to eight hours before serving.