Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When the weather keeps you from your outdoor grill, this is a recipe that will remind you of warmer days ahead! Straight from America's Test Kitchens, the recommended brand of store-bought barbecue sauce is Bull's-Eye, although you can certainly mix up your own favorite recipe. You'll need four 12" skewers.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Adjust oven rack to highest position (about 5 inches from broiler element) and heat broiler. Set wire rack over rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine sugar, paprika, cumin, cayenne, and salt in large bowl. Add chicken to toss and coat.
- Thread seasoned chicken onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Whisk 3/4 cup barbecue sauce and 2 tablespoons vinegar in small bowl.
- In second bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, remaining barbecue sauce, and remaining vinegar; set aside for serving.
- Brush each kebab with barbecue sauce-vinegar mixture.
- Broil until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Flip kebabs, brush with remaining sauce, and continue to broil until chicken is lightly charred and cooked through. 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream sauce.
loved the mix of spices and used on my chicken and cooked in a little oil, serving over rice and omitting the sauce part of recipe this time. Thanks so much
These were a big hit with the family. I used chicken thighs and broiled the skewers in the oven.
The spices on the chicken was a 5 stars. We didn't baste cause DH didn't want. I made the sauce also, but we prefered the chicken without the sauce. I'll do the chicken skewers again but just with the spices. Thanks DuChick. Made for 123 hit wonders