Recipe by Mamablowfish
Delicious peanut buttery spicy skewers. These are suprisingly lowfat if you use natural peanut butter (the kind you keep in the fridge) Use pork tenderloin with any fat trimmed.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
WHOO HOO! Ansolutely outstanding this was for me! Am SO glad I found this recipe! Not a big fan of pork, but this was GREAT! HIGHER than 5 stars I would rate! Added 3 teaspoons chilli flakes, threw whole diced onion in, This recipe is a certain win!
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 -3 dash hot sauce (to your taste) or 1 -3 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into about 1 inch cubes (skewer size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend peanut butter, onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce and canola oil together (blender does well).
- Marinate pork cubes in mixture for 10 minutes at least or up to a couple hours in the fridge.
- Push pork on skewers (if using bamboo, soak in water for 30 minutes so they don't burn).
- Grill or broil for 10-12 minutes turning occasionally until done.
- Serve over plain brown or white rice or add snowpeas and baby corn to rice.