Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious peanut buttery spicy skewers. These are suprisingly lowfat if you use natural peanut butter (the kind you keep in the fridge) Use pork tenderloin with any fat trimmed.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 -3 dash hot sauce (to your taste) or 1 -3 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into about 1 inch cubes (skewer size)
- Blend peanut butter, onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, hot sauce and canola oil together (blender does well).
- Marinate pork cubes in mixture for 10 minutes at least or up to a couple hours in the fridge.
- Push pork on skewers (if using bamboo, soak in water for 30 minutes so they don't burn).
- Grill or broil for 10-12 minutes turning occasionally until done.
- Serve over plain brown or white rice or add snowpeas and baby corn to rice.
WHOO HOO! Ansolutely outstanding this was for me! Am SO glad I found this recipe! Not a big fan of pork, but this was GREAT! HIGHER than 5 stars I would rate! Added 3 teaspoons chilli flakes, threw whole diced onion in, This recipe is a certain win!
I made this dish last Saturday, and it was wonderful although like LARavenscroft I marinated the meat for several hours (I put it together in the morning and left it, covered, in the fridge until dinnertime). Very light and tasty, I served it with some basmati rice - highly recommended!
Made for New Kid on the Block Tag. This was really good. The only thing that I would do different would be to marinate the meat a little bit longer than 10 minutes. Thanks for posting this mamablowfish!