Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Something I saw in today's paper that seems delicious, and great any time of the year.
Make and share this Indonesion Chicken Thighs recipe from Food.com.
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed, and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (smooth, or chunky)
- Place the chicken thighs on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or until a meat thermometer reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With a slotted spoon remove chicken pieces from slow cooker.
- Stir peanut butter into remaining juices.
- If the sauce is thicker than you like, stir in 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water.
- Spoon peanut butter sauce over chicken to serve.
Oh boy set it up already to go when we left in the morning but forgot to turn in on just before we left so o'kay put on high for 4 to 5 hours should do it and in the rush of things was ready to serve at 4 1/2 hours and they were just about falling apart (could maybe have done with less). For the sauce I added a cornflour/corn starch slurry to thicken which added a nice gloss and thickeness to the sauce and served over the chicken and the rice (which I reheated from frozen in the microwave), originally was only going to serve with coleslaw and the sauce over the chicken but there was so much of the sauce and it tasted so good I added the rice to the plate and it was a well worth addition. The only change I would make would be to whisk the sauce ingredients in a bowl an then taste before pouring over the thighs, in case adjustment to the sauce is needed as the soy was a little strong in ours and would turn the chicken half way through' I also made as a 3 serve portion and my 9 thighs just fitted perfectly folded deli style in the bottom of the crock pot/slow cooker. Thank you weekend cooker for another great slow cooker recipe (I think you are becoming my slow cooker guru), made for Rookies Recipe Tag Game.
Sorry but this just didn't turn out at all. I made it exactly as written and the flavour for us was "off". Made for PAC Spring '13
Wow! I used a small "crockette" that only cooks on low, and my thighs didn't get up to temp.....my fault since I cut the recipe down to 3 thighs and used the small crock pot. So I put them in the oven while I let my peanut butter melt into the sauce. Nice heat from the cayenne. :) I found that this is sooo much better if you shred the thighs up in the sauce instead of serving them whole. The sauce wasn't thick at all, so no need to add water. Very, very enjoyable dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing! Made for Rookie tag game.