Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Rice cooked in a coconut curry.
Make and share this Indonesian Yellow Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 14 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- salt and pepper
- 3 fresh red chilies
- Rinse rice.
- Heat oil, then fry shallots and garlic.
- When shallots and garlic start to develop color, add rice and stir to coat in oil.
- Add coconut milk, water, turmeric, curry leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Slice chillies thinly and place on top of individual servings of rice.