1/4 Photos of Indonesian Sweet Martabak / Terang Bulan
It's a famous Indonesian snack. I really love this snack. You can have it anytime you want it...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 g dry yeast
- 50 g sugar
- 4 eggs (Do NOT use eggs that are directly taken from refrigerator. Leave the eggs at room temperature at lea)
- 500 ml evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons full cream milk powder
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- condensed milk (Chocolate or Vanilla)
- chocolate sprinkles
- shredded cheddar cheese
- white sugar (optional)
- 1Warm the Evaporated Milk up but do NOT boil it.
- 2While waiting for the Evaporated Milk to get warm, you can put all the ingredients in a container except the margarine. (NOTE: Please use a big container since we need to whisk it later).
- 3Pour the warm Evaporated Milk to the container and start whisking until the ingredients get mixed perfectly. Don’t worry if there is a little residue left.
- 4Melt the Margarine on a pan.
- 5Take another BIG container and use a sieve to separate the fine mixture from the residue. (NOTE: the container must be quite large as the mixture will expand later on).
- 6Pour the melted Margarine to the fine mixture that has been sifted. Stir slowly for a while to mix the margarine.
- 7Let the fine mixture rest for 30 minutes. It’s important that you do not touch the mixture during this process since it may damage the yeast.
- 8After 30 minutes, heat up a frying pan at low heat and grease it well with margarine.
- 9Pour the mixture to the frying pan. The amount of the mixture depends on your preference.
- 10You can cover the frying pan with aluminium foil if you want to.
- 11Wait for it to be cooked until it is firm.
- 12Move it onto a plate and it’s ready for decoration.
- 13Spread the chocolate sprinkle and followed by the shredded cheese. After that, Pour the condensed milk on top of other toppings.
- 14Cut the Terang Bulan into half and fold it.
- 15You can spread a bit of margarine on top of the Terang Bulan to moist the surface.
- 16Cut it into pieces and ENJOY~ ^^.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Sweet Martabak / Terang Bulan
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 217.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
full cream milk powder