Top Review by Anu
While this dones't look too spectacular, the taste sure does make up for it! :-) I used a little less saffron (since it's just so darn expensive!) and omitted the garlic because mom doesn't like it. I had to constantly add water while the rice was cooking because the milk-yogurt combination wasn't quite enough for the rice to cook. This definitely must be served warm. Thanks Dancer.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/4 c.
- of milk and steep threads for 20 minutes.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add ginger and rice and coat grains well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the saffron.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover.
- Cook over low heat until rice is done.
- Serve immediately.