Recipe by Sandra Hyde
This makes a good vegetable dish to serve with grilled steak, chops or a mixed grill as well as with a satay. Even those who don't like cabbage may well enjoy this.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cabbage, sliced and chopped (more to your taste)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and then cut into very fline slices
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in the frying pan, then add the onion, chilli and garlic.
- Cook until soft.
- Break chicken stock cube into the pan and stir to spread throughout the mixture.
- Add all of the chopped cabbage and salt and pepper, then stir to coat the mixture.
- Place lid on the pan and cook over a low heat for a further 10-15 minutes (the cabbage should be soft by this time).
- Stir in the beaten eggs until they are cooked (about a minute).
- Serve it in a hot dish.