Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a good vegetable dish to serve with grilled steak, chops or a mixed grill as well as with a satay. Even those who don't like cabbage may well enjoy this.
- Heat oil in the frying pan, then add the onion, chilli and garlic.
- Cook until soft.
- Break chicken stock cube into the pan and stir to spread throughout the mixture.
- Add all of the chopped cabbage and salt and pepper, then stir to coat the mixture.
- Place lid on the pan and cook over a low heat for a further 10-15 minutes (the cabbage should be soft by this time).
- Stir in the beaten eggs until they are cooked (about a minute).
- Serve it in a hot dish.
Very good. Got home from work late and didn't feel like a big production. This fit the bill.
To make it more attractive to my kids, I added some shrimps which gave it a little colour. Also, Indonesians use a lot of shallots, so I used that instead of the onions for a more authentic and fragrant taste. Very tasty recipe. Thank you for posting.
Good stuff!!! Prefect mount of heat! With the egg that helps cool it! I did use olve oil but peanut would have been better along with a garnish of chopped peanuts! Thanks for a healthy spicy side.