Recipe by bigbadbrenda
This salad can be served with the main meal or as dessert This was abapted from Creative Cooking.
Top Review by Ma Field
DH liked this more than I did but it was an interesting taste to try for me too. I used crushed red pepper and actually might use more next time. The heat came after the sweet was almost gone and stayed with you. The shredded fruit and veggies were a good texture and altho it smelled vinegary, I didn't have that taste. I used all four suggested fruits/veggies. Thanks for a fun one to try. Made for ZWT6 by a Looney Spoon Phoodie.
- 2 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons red peppers
- 4 cups shredded carrots, apples, pears and cucumbers
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the honey, peanut butter, vinegar,salt and pepper and stir until well mixed.
- last add the shredded vegetables and fruit.
- mix again so that the flavours blend.
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- serve chilled.
- does not include the1 hour chilling time.