1/1 Photo of Indonesian Style Fried Noodle
Nasi Goreng's Note:
This noodle dish fulfills my childhood craving of fried noodle. The aroma and flavour are just making me feel like being home :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 227 g egg noodles
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 candlenuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped, split white and green parts
- 5 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, slices in julianne
- 1 lime, press and roll to release the juice
- 1 tablespoon homemade curry paste (see my Indonesian Style Curry Paste recipe)
- 2 tablespoons indonesian sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- coriander leaves, chopped (to garnish)
- 1Boil water and put egg noodles into boiling water until al dente, save some water when rinse the egg noodle.
- 2Using pestle, grind shallot and candle nuts.
- 3Heat up oil in medium high heat.
- 4Sautee white part of green onion, garlic, shallot and candle nuts for few minutes in wok or pot.
- 5Stir in cabbages, carrots and whole black peppercorn until they soften. Pour in water from noodle if the mixture is too dry.
- 6Combine cooked noodle into the vegetable mixtures.
- 7Add in sweet soy sauce, curry paste, salt, pepper, lime juice and mix well. Reduce the heat.
- 8Add in green part of green onion.
- 9Serve the noodle with coriander leaves and indonesia chilly sauce if you like it spicy :-).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Style Fried Noodle
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.3
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 336.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet soy sauce