This noodle dish fulfills my childhood craving of fried noodle. The aroma and flavour are just making me feel like being home :-)
- 227 g egg noodles
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 candlenuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped, split white and green parts
- 5 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, slices in julianne
- 1 lime, press and roll to release the juice
- 1 tablespoon homemade curry paste (see my Indonesian Style Curry Paste recipe)
- 2 tablespoons indonesian sweet soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- coriander leaves, chopped (to garnish)
- Boil water and put egg noodles into boiling water until al dente, save some water when rinse the egg noodle.
- Using pestle, grind shallot and candle nuts.
- Heat up oil in medium high heat.
- Sautee white part of green onion, garlic, shallot and candle nuts for few minutes in wok or pot.
- Stir in cabbages, carrots and whole black peppercorn until they soften. Pour in water from noodle if the mixture is too dry.
- Combine cooked noodle into the vegetable mixtures.
- Add in sweet soy sauce, curry paste, salt, pepper, lime juice and mix well. Reduce the heat.
- Add in green part of green onion.
- Serve the noodle with coriander leaves and indonesia chilly sauce if you like it spicy :-).