Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I was learning more about where these insanely large avocados at my local grocer's came from, and discovered they are West Indian, which are about twice the size or bigger than conventional California avocados sold in American grocery stores. A popular use of these gigantic avocados in Indonesia are these milkshakes, and I saw a really delectable picture of one and decided to create my own based on the description. Vegans can probably use soy or rice milk and it wouldn't diminish the taste.
- Peel and seed the avocado-- this would use up one regular-sized avocado but only half of a West Indian one. Scoop out the "meat", making sure to leave behind any browned or blackened parts.
- Put the ice and milk in the blender first, followed by the avocado meat and sugar.
- Roughly chop and blend until it reaches a nice milkshake consistency.
- Squirt some chocolate syrup inside the serving glass up the sides and leave some in the bottom.
- Pour the mixture into the glass and garnish with a cherry if you like.