- 3 tablespoons butter, preferably clarified butter
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced into very thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- salt, if needed, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Saute the chopped shallots and chili for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and the carrots.
- Stir continuously for a minute or so and then add the broth and soy sauce.
- Cover and continue to cook for about 4 minutes.
- Uncover, taste, and add salt if necessary. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring all the time.