Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
Carrots w/ some heat!
Make and share this Indonesian Stir Fried Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Saute the chopped shallots and chili for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and the carrots.
- Stir continuously for a minute or so and then add the broth and soy sauce.
- Cover and continue to cook for about 4 minutes.
- Uncover, taste, and add salt if necessary. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
This is just up my alley! I made it in my wok and used green onions in place of the shallots, also I used chicken broth in place of vegetable, great recipe hon, thanks for sharing!...Kitten:)
Very enjoyable combination of flavors - The carrots were still crunchy - just the way we like them.I used baby carrots thinly sliced-I made half the recipe and it was just right for 2 servings. This was a side dish to lamb chops beautiful together thanks Parsley for another delicious recipe
These were easy and good. They reminded me of something we get from our local takeaway. Ours were slightly underdone as I was worried about setting the smoke alarm off! Despite the chilli I didn't find these hot at all (and usually a korma is my limit!) A nice side dish or a veggie main, we served ours with coconut rice.