1/1 Photo of Indonesian Sambal Sauce
This sauce is really hot, but the sweetness plays off the heat very well. Use as a general condiment like Thai Sriracha sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- 2Blend at high speed until ingredients are well chopped and blended.
- 3Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce is reduced by half, around 10-15 minutes. Sauce should be thick and uniform.
- 5Pour into a bowl and cool to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Sambal Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 104.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g