Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted on request for recipes using fresh dates. Found this at Jerusalem Post website. Sounds yummy! Great use of leftover rice too.
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dates, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 -4 tablespoons brandy
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- salt and black pepper
- Mix all the salad ingredients a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad.
- Toss the salad and serve on lettuce leaves.
- You may serve with hoisin sauce or chutney on the side.
Very nice salad, this one is & I particularly liked the combo of dates & toasted sesame seeds! I didn't, however, include the liquor in the dressing, & still found the entire dish very flavorful! Certainly this is a recipe I'd like to make again, perhaps for company! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
This is a VERY FAVOURFUL, VERY GOOD salad! I enjoyed it for my lunch this afternoon. I'll be making this one again! Thanks for sharing:-)