Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
I love my crockpot. With school starting back next week our crazy scheduleing will also start. So the fastest way I can get a meal on the table to have some family time and everyone eat together is important to me. That is why I use my crockpot more during school.
- 2 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, five spice and cayenne.
- Place pork roast in 3 1/2 -quart slow cooker.
- Spoon spice mixture over top of roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 1/2 -7 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker.
- Stir peanut butter into juices until smooth.
- Spoon sauce over sliced roast.
Oh well,one son loved it but the rest of us didn't. I may have overcooked the meat because it shredded when I tried to cut it. I think the 5 Spice Powder contained some spice(s) that we didn't like much. I think it was anise. Thanks for posting.