Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this one on BBC recipes. Eager to give it a try.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork, diced into 2cm/1in squares
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 1⁄2 cm/ 1in piece gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 stick fresh lemongrass, sliced thinly
- 6 tablespoons Thai red curry paste or 6 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup creamed coconut
- 350 g/ 12oz pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2 . 5cm/1in cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, coarsely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, coarsely shredded
- 300 g/ 10oz fresh spinach leaves, picked and washed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat wok or heavy frying pan until very hot.
- Add oil to hot pan, and swirl to coat pan and heat oil.
- Brown the pork in hot oil, remove and keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to oil, reduce heat to low, and cook until soft.
- Add pumpkin, ginger, fennel seeds, and lemon grass. Continue cooking for five minutes.
- Add curry paste, stir and cook until fragrant.
- Add pork and coconut milk to pan, bring to a boil, and simmer 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Stir in spinach, herbs, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Serve with steamed rice.