Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but it sounded so weird to me at the time, I just had to try it. I do alot of outdoor cooking on the grill. I'm lucky enough to have a Big Green Egg out on my deck to cook on. It is a ceramic barbecue with a fire brick interior and uses charcoal. You can use a gas grill, too... just be sure to try this recipe. You will be pleasantly surprise
- 907.18-1360.77 g boneless pork loin
- 59.14 ml peanut butter
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 2 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 green onions, minced (optional)
- 118.29 ml chicken broth (any broth is fine)
- What I do is take a 2-3 pound piece of boneless pork loin and cut it into"chops" and then cut the chops in half and then pound each half until thin.
- Combine the marinade ingredients and pour over pork.
- Thoroughly coat all pieces of meat.
- (I put everything in a Ziploc plastic bag).
- Marinate for several hours.
- When ready to cook, thread pork onto skewers (I kind of"sew" the meat back and forth onto the skewers) and cook on heated grill over moderate heat for 12-14 minutes, turning once.
- It doesn't take long for the pork to cook because it has been pounded thin, so be sure not to overcook it or it will be dry.
A nice change to the same old pork loin but not particularly flavorful. I'm not saying it has no flavor, I'm just saying the flavor is not very intense. Everyone liked it and ate it, but there were no raves about it. I might cook it again.
Loved this pork recipe. I marinated for four hours and then cooked it on our new Kamado Joe. Served it with Indonesian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng). Great meal.
Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks tag. I had originally intended to cook this on the grill, but Mother Nature changed my plans so I cut the meat into small chunks and sauted it until browned in a skillet coated with spray oil. I then mixed the marinade ingredients together and poured them over the cooked meat in the skillet and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. The flavor was excellent. Can't wait for the weather to change so I can try this on the grill as the recipe is written. Thank you!