Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Combined with hot curries this salad offers you a great fresh contrast.
- 1 pineapple, peeled and in 1/2 inch small pieces
- 1 cucumber, small in 1/2 inch small pieces (optional)
- 4 stalks celery, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 -2 green onion, chopped
- 1 chile, red (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce, clear (or 60 ml)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar, white
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, rosted coarsly crushed
- In a big bowl combine all the vegetables.
- In a separate bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Just before serving add the sauce to the vegetables, toss well and top with the peanuts.
Enjoyable blend of flavors that offer a refreshing change of pace made using the cucumber option and thought the cucumber went very well with all the other ingredients. Made as written using regular soy sauce as could not get clear and did use the red chili option, the only thing we were not crazy about was the celery and think that in the future will use cucumber and no celery. Thanks for the post.