Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from Vegetarian Express. Delicious as a side dish to go along with any Asian entree. Also makes a great lunch.
Top Review by Acerast
Nice flavor and went together so very quickly! Nice basic recipe that would work well with other veggies like carrots, peppers or broccoli. Next time around I will cook the veggies a bit less - especially the onions because they were limp after 10 minutes of cooking and I prefer a bit of crunch. Thanks ratherbeswimmin' :)
- 1⁄2 lb soba noodles or 1⁄2 lb udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons other vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- dry roasted peanuts (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a wok or extra-large skillet.
- Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the onion is golden (do not let the garlic burn).
- Add in the next 5 ingredients; stir-fry over medium-high heat for about 5 more minutes or until the sprouts and snow peas are crisp tender.
- Add in the drained noodles and continue to stir-fry for 3-4 minutes; take wok off burner.
- Serve noodles on individual plates; sprinkle each serving with a scattering of peanuts.