Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Vegetarian Express. Delicious as a side dish to go along with any Asian entree. Also makes a great lunch.
- 1⁄2 lb soba noodles or 1⁄2 lb udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons other vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mung bean sprouts
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- dry roasted peanuts (to garnish)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a wok or extra-large skillet.
- Add in the onion and garlic; stir/saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the onion is golden (do not let the garlic burn).
- Add in the next 5 ingredients; stir-fry over medium-high heat for about 5 more minutes or until the sprouts and snow peas are crisp tender.
- Add in the drained noodles and continue to stir-fry for 3-4 minutes; take wok off burner.
- Serve noodles on individual plates; sprinkle each serving with a scattering of peanuts.
Nice flavor and went together so very quickly! Nice basic recipe that would work well with other veggies like carrots, peppers or broccoli. Next time around I will cook the veggies a bit less - especially the onions because they were limp after 10 minutes of cooking and I prefer a bit of crunch. Thanks ratherbeswimmin' :)