Recipe by tunasushi
Thos dish is happily gobbled up by ANYONE in the house.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
This dish was certainly flavourful. I cut the amount of dried shrimp to 1/2 cup cause dried shrimp is really expensive here! I upped the mixed vegetables to 3 cups, which I know changes the recipe substantially - but it was very, very good. I used a combo of peas, corn, mixed peppers and cauliflower. We really enjoyed this.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 red chile
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 cup dried anchovies or 1 cup shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
Directions See How It's Made
- First, prepare the eggs. Crack em, whisk em up with salt, and fry a flat omelette on both sides. When it is cool, chop it into little bits that looks like little sticks. Keep aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the onion, garlic, chilli (de-seeded if you can't take spicy food)and the shrimp paste. Pulse it up real well till everything is smooth, with the help of just a bit of water imbetween.
- Heat up loads of oil in a big pan and fry the paste on a low heat for 15 minutes. Add in your chicken (which should be cut into strips!) and fry till its cooked. Put in your dried anchovies or shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mixed vegetables and fry for another 3 minutes or so. Finally toss in your cooked basmati rice and cook cook cook till everything is well coated.
- Dump in your lil egg strips and continue tossing and frying for another 5 minutes.