Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Thos dish is happily gobbled up by ANYONE in the house.
Make and share this Indonesian Nasi Goreng recipe from Food.com.
- First, prepare the eggs. Crack em, whisk em up with salt, and fry a flat omelette on both sides. When it is cool, chop it into little bits that looks like little sticks. Keep aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the onion, garlic, chilli (de-seeded if you can't take spicy food)and the shrimp paste. Pulse it up real well till everything is smooth, with the help of just a bit of water imbetween.
- Heat up loads of oil in a big pan and fry the paste on a low heat for 15 minutes. Add in your chicken (which should be cut into strips!) and fry till its cooked. Put in your dried anchovies or shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mixed vegetables and fry for another 3 minutes or so. Finally toss in your cooked basmati rice and cook cook cook till everything is well coated.
- Dump in your lil egg strips and continue tossing and frying for another 5 minutes.
This dish was certainly flavourful. I cut the amount of dried shrimp to 1/2 cup cause dried shrimp is really expensive here! I upped the mixed vegetables to 3 cups, which I know changes the recipe substantially - but it was very, very good. I used a combo of peas, corn, mixed peppers and cauliflower. We really enjoyed this.