Thos dish is happily gobbled up by ANYONE in the house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First, prepare the eggs. Crack em, whisk em up with salt, and fry a flat omelette on both sides. When it is cool, chop it into little bits that looks like little sticks. Keep aside.
- 2In a food processor or blender, blend the onion, garlic, chilli (de-seeded if you can't take spicy food)and the shrimp paste. Pulse it up real well till everything is smooth, with the help of just a bit of water imbetween.
- 3Heat up loads of oil in a big pan and fry the paste on a low heat for 15 minutes. Add in your chicken (which should be cut into strips!) and fry till its cooked. Put in your dried anchovies or shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add in the mixed vegetables and fry for another 3 minutes or so. Finally toss in your cooked basmati rice and cook cook cook till everything is well coated.
- 5Dump in your lil egg strips and continue tossing and frying for another 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Nasi Goreng
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1112.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets