Like most Indonesian dishes this is flavorful and spicy dish- You may make it as "hot" or mild as you like by adding more or less chili.. Attractive to serve. Lovely for a luncheon or part of your dinner meal. The original recipe is from "The complete Asian Cookbook" By Charmaine Solomon- There are some minor changes by me. The Fried onions, Green Onions & cucumber slices are for garnish and optional
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 6 ounces pork chops, boneless finely diced
- 8 ounces raw prawns, shelled & deveined, if large cut in 2
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chili peppers, chopped and seeded or 3/4 teaspoon dry chili flakes
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fried onion flakes (optional)
- 4 green onions, Sliced diagonally (optional)
- 8 slices cucumbers, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1Boil the noodles as per instructions but do not over cook them,
- 2Rinse noodles in cold water, drain well.
- 3Heat oil in a large wok or frypan. add onion and fry until almost golden.
- 4Add chili & garlic, fry 2 minutes more.
- 5Add pork, stir and cook until the pork is cooked through.
- 6Add prawns cook for 2 minutes or until they are tranlucent and pink.
- 7Add celery, cabbage, cook for 2 minutes The vegetables must still be crisp.
- 8Season with salt & pepper.
- 9Add soy sauce.
- 10Add noodles back to the pan, stir fry, turning the noodles into the mixture and cook until all is heated through.
- 11Turn into a heated serving dish Garnish & serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Mie Goreng (Fried Noodles)
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.3
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 148.7 mg
- Sodium 882.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 26.7 g