Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Like most Indonesian dishes this is flavorful and spicy dish- You may make it as "hot" or mild as you like by adding more or less chili.. Attractive to serve. Lovely for a luncheon or part of your dinner meal. The original recipe is from "The complete Asian Cookbook" By Charmaine Solomon- There are some minor changes by me. The Fried onions, Green Onions & cucumber slices are for garnish and optional
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles
- 6 ounces pork chops, boneless finely diced
- 8 ounces raw prawns, shelled & deveined, if large cut in 2
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 fresh red chili peppers, chopped and seeded or 3⁄4 teaspoon dry chili flakes
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup fried onion flakes (optional)
- 4 green onions, Sliced diagonally (optional)
- 8 slices cucumbers, thinly sliced (optional)
- Boil the noodles as per instructions but do not over cook them,
- Rinse noodles in cold water, drain well.
- Heat oil in a large wok or frypan. add onion and fry until almost golden.
- Add chili & garlic, fry 2 minutes more.
- Add pork, stir and cook until the pork is cooked through.
- Add prawns cook for 2 minutes or until they are tranlucent and pink.
- Add celery, cabbage, cook for 2 minutes The vegetables must still be crisp.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add soy sauce.
- Add noodles back to the pan, stir fry, turning the noodles into the mixture and cook until all is heated through.
- Turn into a heated serving dish Garnish & serve hot.