1/3 Photos of Indonesian Loempia's
- Carla -'s Note:
This is the Indonesian version of the spring roll, a version of which you find in most asian country's. For the filling you use meat, chicken or seafood and a selection of vegetables.
My Private Note
Large I ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 large spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon trassi oedang
- 10 ounces white cabbage, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 (6 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1Heat your wok and add the oil.
- 2Add onion, ginger, minced garlic and soften in wok.
- 3Add the Sambal and trassi and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Add the vegetables, chicken and ketjap manis.
- 5Toss until vegetables are soft and "just" cooked.
- 6To make the Loempia's:.
- 7Spread out 2 spring roll sheets one on top of the other with the corners opposite from each other.
- 8Spoon in a generous amount of filling to the top center spring roll sheet.
- 9Fold in the top and bottom corners over the filling.
- 10Fold in the left and right corners making sure the filling is packed tight.
- 11Next fold in the second spring roll over the first in the opposite direction.
- 12Spread some beaten egg over the final folds to help them stick.
- 13Fry in hot oil for about 5 minutes, making sure both sides are browned equally.
- 14Serve with peanutsauce or just Ketjap manis and sambal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Loempia's
Serving Size: 1 (1298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 136.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: