Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
We love this very different and easy to make version of baked beans.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 2 apples, pared and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Add just enough water to cover.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours adding more water if needed.
Yum and different. I like the flavors. The beans came out very liquidity for me, but I have them back in the oven with more rasins and curry to cook longer. Taste great even with the extra liquid. Different and delicious. Thanks.
This recipe was enjoyed by everyone in the house. I was the one that liked it the least. I think I would enjoy it more with a bit less curry as the curry taste came across a bit strong. As everyone else liked it I am sure I will make this again.