Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make these hot or mild it's up to you. I have used Jalapenos but then I usually use 3 or 4, with red hot chillies I usually use 2. This is nice served with marinated baked tofu
- 1 lb green beans, washed,ends snipped and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded and minced (or more)
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup onion, cut into small crescents
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- Heat a wok or skillet- when hot add the oil and let it get hot Saute the chilies and other seasoning for about 1 minute Add onions & beans, saute for 2 minutes Add water and salt, cover and simmer for 4 minutes Add bean sprouts cover and simmer 1 minute longer Serve over rice or noodles.
Nice balanced flavors - subbed sriracha sauce for the jalapenos, as I'm allergic to fresh chilies. Omitted the bean sprouts (personal taste).
This is a very nice and easy green bean recipe! I would increase the sesame oil next time because I didn't recognize any sesame oil flavour, but otherwise would make it the same again. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Turning Over A New Leaf in the Diabetes Forum.