Recipe by InspirationsFC
This recipe is one of my favorites because it’s simple to make, tastes delicious, and is healthy. I have yet to find anyone who doesn’t like it. I like to double the recipe and enjoy the leftovers.
- 1 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh gingerroot, peeled & grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (6 -7 lb) whole chickens, cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper and lime juice in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted.
- In a shallow baking pan, arrange the chicken in 1 layer with skin side down, and pour on the sauce. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan, turn the chicken skin side up, and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. Continue baking for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich, dark brown.
- Serve & Enjoy!