1/4 Photos of Indonesian Ginger Chicken
I have never made this without being rewarded with wonderful compliments, followed by adamant demands for the recipe. I got it from my friend Michaela, after adamantly demanding it myself! If making wings with the marinade, simply cook on a baking sheet after you take it out of the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in small saucepan on medium heat for five minutes.
- 2Place chicken, skin side down, in appropriately sized casserole.
- 3Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate overnight or for at LEAST 4 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 350.
- 5Cook chicken, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 6Uncover, turn chicken pieces over, increase heat to 375, and cook for 30-40 minutes longer, basting occasionally.
- 7Make sure that the sauce does not cover chicken, and only reaches about halfway up.
- 8This will let the skin get crispy and gorgeously dark.
- 9I love this with rice (cooked with vegetable stock), fresh cilantro and lime juice, and mango salad (recipe posted).
- 10To freeze: Place chicken and sauce ingredients in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- 11To serve: Thaw in fridge and proceed with cooking directions.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3025.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 71.0 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: