I have never made this without being rewarded with wonderful compliments, followed by adamant demands for the recipe. I got it from my friend Michaela, after adamantly demanding it myself! If making wings with the marinade, simply cook on a baking sheet after you take it out of the fridge.
- Heat honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in small saucepan on medium heat for five minutes.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in appropriately sized casserole.
- Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate overnight or for at LEAST 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook chicken, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, turn chicken pieces over, increase heat to 375, and cook for 30-40 minutes longer, basting occasionally.
- Make sure that the sauce does not cover chicken, and only reaches about halfway up.
- This will let the skin get crispy and gorgeously dark.
- I love this with rice (cooked with vegetable stock), fresh cilantro and lime juice, and mango salad (recipe posted).
- To freeze: Place chicken and sauce ingredients in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge and proceed with cooking directions.