Da Huz's Note:
More flavor and less grease than normal fried chicken! Note that lemon grass stalks may be hard to find... omit if you can't find them, or use a dash of lemon juice (not too much though). We grow our own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put shallots, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and lemon grass in a blender and process into a paste.
- 2Put soy sauce, water, and sugar into a large frying pan. Heat (to help sugar dissolve).
- 3Put chicken thighs in frying pan and cover with paste. Simmer, uncovered, until cooked (20-30 minutes). Turn about halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- 4Heat enough vegetable oil to deep-fry the chicken. Oil must be VERY hot - almost to the smoke point.
- 5Remove chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper, and deep-fry 6-8 minutes until surface is crisp and golden.
- 6While deep-frying chicken, heat the remaining water and drippings to thicken. Use this as a dipping sauce for the chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 410.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: