Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I asked my friend, Bets, for this recipe after tasting it at an annual Christmas ornament exchange open house. The ladies were standing around the table practically inhaling this stuff! Its great with an assortment of raw veggies including snow peas, red pepper strips, cauliflower, carrots, celery or pita crisps. Be careful tho... it's very addictive! Chilling time not included in prep time.
- 2⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup chili paste with garlic
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together to blend well.
- Cover and chill 24 hours.
- Serve with the raw veggies of your choice, or crackers.
I made this for an Indonesian Day event at Ten Thousand Villages, and it was a complete hit! Customers and volunteers loved it, everyone wants the recipe.
I loved it. Even my friend that does not like 'strange flavors' lasked for the recipe.