1/2 Photos of Indonesian Curried Vegetables
Don't let the long list of ingredients intimidate you. This comes from Desperation Dinners--so it's easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon imported curry powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1Bring water to boil in 2 quart saucepan. When water boils, add rice, cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat until ready to serve.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a 4-1/2 quart dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add broccoli and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add the pepper, cabbage, carrots and onions.
- 4Raise the heat to medium-high and stir occasionally.
- 5Stir in the curry powder, garlic, cumin and ginger. Stir in tomatoes and their juices.
- 6Raise the heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
- 7Uncover and boil, stirring from time to time, for 3 minutes more to blend the flavors.
- 8Reduce heat to low and stir in the peanut butter, blend well.
- 9Serve over the brown rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Curried Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 538.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice