Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing salad with a kick, how much of the dressing ingredients you want to add does not just depend on your taste buds but also on the size of the cucumbers.
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek, chili paste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 green onion, finely chopped
- white pepper
- Peel the cucumbers, cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Half them again and slice them up in approx 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix with all the other ingredients, cover and put in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Take it out of the fridge and taste, if you want to, add more limejuice, sugar or sambal oelek.
Yummy, yummy! Nice and spicy. I used brown sugar substitute to keep the sugar down and I thought I still had some chili paste but...no!.. so I used sriracha chili sauce. Now I want to try it with the original ingredient to see which has the best heat and flavor. Another keeper. I loved that it didn't create a bunch of liquid. Made in honor of Pets. She will be greatly missed.
We tried this for something different then our usual cucumber salad. this is really good, but just know that it gets spicier in the fridge. DH was loving it. thank you for sharing with us.
Just finished eating a tub of this - LOL! I made mine really spicy to be different from other cucumber recipes. I added the sambol oleek and some crushed red pepper. I didn't have brown sugar so I used turbinado sugar instead. Also, I had two different recipes I was using and one called for lime juice and the other for vinegar but I didn't have the limes around at the moment so went with the vinegar. I had some small peppers so diced those which added beautiful color. Ate most of it immediately but I think I liked it better today after it had marinated a few days. Thanks for posting, I will try this with the lime as well.