1/4 Photos of Indonesian Coleslaw
A different coleslaw with an Asian flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 4 green onions or 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced in thin 1/2 moons
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1Toss cabbage, green onions and cucumber together in large non-reactive bowl. Keep chilled while preparing dressing.
- 2Combine chili, garlic, curry powder, sugar, oil and vinegar in covered container. Whisk or shake to combine.
- 3Just before serving add peanuts and cilantro to the cabbage, pour dressing over all, toss lightly to combine.
- 4Salad does not keep well for very long, so do not dress until just prior to serving. It doesn't actually go bad, but the peanuts and cabbage soften and it's just not as good as fresh made. If taking to a pot luck or similar affair, I bring the dressing in a separate container to add at the last minute.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.5
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 479.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 15.3 g