Adjust all seasonings to taste. This can also be made in the oven.
Make and share this Indonesian Coconut Chicken Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, crushed fennel and cinnamon.
- Rub mixture over chicken (if desired at this point the chicken can be marinated in the fridge for 3-4 hours, but it is not necessary).
- Place the chicken, and any leftover seasoning mixture, onions, coconut milk, water and lemon juice in a 4-quart slow cooker; cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours).
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with rice or hot cooked noodles.
- Note: for a thicker sauce use only 1/2 cup water instead of 1 cup.