Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
This is very yummy, and the smells while it is cooking are so inviting.
Top Review by rpgaymer
This turned out to be a decent meal, although the sauce was a bit too rich for me. I would cut down on the amount of peanut butter. Also, I'd increase the cooking time to at least 4 hours on high. I did 6 hours on low and the onions were still crunchy, which ruined the texture of the dish. Otherwise, it's a good recipe, especially with some added palm sugar.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (preferably Kikkoman, or any real one, not VH)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas (I personally don't put the peas in)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- some chopped chives (for garnish)
- some chopped peanuts (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken, carrots, onions and garlic in the slow cooker. in a small bowl, combine water, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and chili flakes. Pour on top of chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (or high for 2 hours), or until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.
- Add peas and wine vinegar. Cover and continue cooking on low for 10 more minutes**. Serve with some chives and peanuts on top.
- **Personally, I don't continue cooking. I just add the white wine vinegar, mix and serve.