4 hrs 30 mins
Doesn't sound authentic, but it sounds good! You probably have the ingredients at home already or they are easy to find in any market. There is a 4 hour marination to keep in mind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the marinade, in a large bowl, mix sour cream with salt and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning often.
- 2About 1 hour before serving, with a spatula, scrape excess sour cream from chicken and reserve it.
- 3On waxed paper, coat the chicken with flour.
- 4In 12" skillet, over medium heat, in hot oil, cook chicken until browned on all sides. Stir in onion, curry powder, ginger, and 1/2 cup water; heat to boiling, stirring.
- 5Reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is done. With tongs, place chicken on warm platter.
- 6Stir in reserved sour cream into liquid in the pan and heat 2-3 minutes, stirring and pour over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Chicken from Good Housekeeping
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.6
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 109.6 mg
- Sodium 888.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 32.3 g