Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Doesn't sound authentic, but it sounds good! You probably have the ingredients at home already or they are easy to find in any market. There is a 4 hour marination to keep in mind.
- For the marinade, in a large bowl, mix sour cream with salt and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning often.
- About 1 hour before serving, with a spatula, scrape excess sour cream from chicken and reserve it.
- On waxed paper, coat the chicken with flour.
- In 12" skillet, over medium heat, in hot oil, cook chicken until browned on all sides. Stir in onion, curry powder, ginger, and 1/2 cup water; heat to boiling, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low, cover skillet, and simmer 25 minutes or until chicken is done. With tongs, place chicken on warm platter.
- Stir in reserved sour cream into liquid in the pan and heat 2-3 minutes, stirring and pour over chicken.