Recipe by barb63
I have had this recipe for years - can't remember where it came from but it is very easy and very tasty.
Top Review by Chef Dudo
Very good. Easy to make and tasty. Added one teaspoon of granulated garlic, (personal preference, I love garlic). Served it with peas and mushrooms over rice. Will make it again!
- 1 large onion
- 2 cm ginger
- 500 g boneless chicken
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onions and grate ginger.
- Slice meat thinly.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Brown meat and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and add onion, ginger and curry powder.
- Fry for a few minutes, stirring.
- Return meat to pan and season to taste.
- Add coconut milk, water and tomato paste.
- Bring to the boil and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Uncover curry and simmer for a further ten minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- If you feel like it, stir through some chilli flakes.