Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have had this recipe for years - can't remember where it came from but it is very easy and very tasty.
- 1 large onion
- 2 cm ginger
- 500 g boneless chicken
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Chop onions and grate ginger.
- Slice meat thinly.
- Heat half the oil in a heavy frying pan.
- Brown meat and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan and add onion, ginger and curry powder.
- Fry for a few minutes, stirring.
- Return meat to pan and season to taste.
- Add coconut milk, water and tomato paste.
- Bring to the boil and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Uncover curry and simmer for a further ten minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- If you feel like it, stir through some chilli flakes.
Very good. Easy to make and tasty. Added one teaspoon of granulated garlic, (personal preference, I love garlic). Served it with peas and mushrooms over rice. Will make it again!