Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Beat orange juice, peanut butter, and curry powder in medium nonmetal bowl, using wire whisk.
- Add chicken, turning to coat with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate, turning once, at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Cover and grill chicken and bell pepper 4-6 inches from medium heat 15-20 minutes , turning once, until is no longer pink in center.
- To serve, cut chicken breasts diagonally into 1/2-inch slices and bell pepper into 1/2-inch strips.
- Top chicken and bell pepper with coconut and currants.
- Serve with rice.
I made this last night for friends. I didn't have any orange juice so I used chicken stock with a bit of sugar added. Even without the OJ this recipe was DELICIOUS!!!! My boyfriend has asked that I add it to our regular repertoire. Yes, it's that good.