1/2 Photos of Indonesian Chicken
Don't get on my case if this isn't authentically Indonesian, okay? When I found the recipe, it was called Indonesian Chicken, and, not being Indonesian or knowing anyone from Indonesia, I can neither confirm nor deny that this is, indeed, Indonesian Chicken. It is, however, definitely a recipe for chicken, and a mighty tasty one at that. The peanut sauce is also useful to put on things that you don't want to serve naked, such as noodles, rice, or steamed veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chicken and Marinade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned,boned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1Combine soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2Add chicken and marinate 30 minutes.
- 3Skewer pieces on wooden skewers if desired, and brush with oil.
- 4Broil 3 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Can also be cooked on preheated grill pan or stir fried, if you prefer.
- 6Meanwhile, prepare spicy peanut sauce.
- 7Saute green onion in the oil until limp.
- 8Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- 9Gradually stir in water, then add remaining ingredients.
- 10Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil.
- 11Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, until the sauce is thickened enough to coat a spoon.
- 12Stir occasionally while simmering.
- 13Serve chicken with the spicy peanut sauce for dipping.
- 14May also be served over hot cooked rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.4
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 998.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 39.9 g