Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another from Pillsbury's "Best Chicken Cookbook" that I'm saving for Mom. Kind of a mish mosh SouthEast Asian recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs cut-up frying chickens
- Grill Directions:.
- In 2-quart glass baking dish or large resealable plastic bag, combine all marinade ingredients; blend well. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover dish or seal bag; rerfigerate at least 6 hours or over night, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill. When ready to grill, draing chicken, reserving marinade. Place chicken on gas grill over low heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 45 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and juiced run clear, turning once and brushing frequently with reserved marinade. Dish any remaining marinade.
- Oven Directions: Marinate chicken as directed. Heat over to 350°F Place chicken in ungrease 15x10 in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once and brushing frequently with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.