Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Southeast Asian marinated and skewered meat with a sweet soy dipping sauce. May be prepared with chicken, pork, beef sirloin or top round, or lamb shoulder. Serves 6 with rice for dinner or 18 as an appetizer on it's own.
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 2 hot red chili peppers, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- bamboo skewers, soaked for 1/2 hour in cold water so they don't burn or metal skewer
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine all marinade ingredients and purée in blender or food processor.
- Allow beef to marinate in this mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Skewer beef and broil over hot coals, turning frequently for 5-7 minutes or bake on a foil lined baking sheet in preheated 325°F oven.
- Mix together sauce ingredients, and serve skewers with dipping sauce and rice.